All the posts I have spinning around in my head are weighty... so today I'm going lite! Here are the 13 healthy things I am glad to make a part of my regular life:
1. Strawberries, which I have already written about...
2. Blueberries, so good for our brains... and which I'll write about in July when we pick enough to stock up our freezer with the wonder food.
3. Sleep. Yes, sleep is a good thing to make a regular part of your life! The recommendations are 7.5-8.5 hours. I find that if I aim for 8, I get about 7.5, which serves me well.
4. Walking. I love to exercise, even though I don't always wake up early enough. But walking is my favorite... such an invigorating exercise for my body, mind and spirit... I think I'll go for a walk this evening, if it is not raining.
5. Chicken. Well, I have to qualify this one... healthy chicken is a good thing, and one of my very favorite foods! I've posted about chickens here.
6. Avocados... and for me to post any more about these fruits would be overkill. You can read my post here.
8. Beans. Wonderfully full of fiber and nutrients... nothing like a good bean burrito. Yes, you can soak them overnight with water and a few tablespoons of yogurt to neutralize the components that cause digestive trouble.
9. Kale. Yep, this might be my favorite green. It holds its shape without wilting too much, doesn't have the film like spinach and is packed with calcium, iron and vitamins.
10. Non-toxic cleaning products. I can really tell a difference in our home...
11. Almonds. Might be a perfect food.
12. A big plate of raw vegetables with lemony hummus for dipping. Nothing like a fresh take on lunch!
13. Chocolate Cheesecake. Hee Hee. Cheesecake can be a really healthy thing, part of my passion for living :-)