Serving Roasted Lamb has become our family tradition for our Resurrection Sunday meal together. After all, we are celebrating the "Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world," "a lamb without blemish and without spot" whose blood was spilt on our behalf.
This coming Sunday, I am preparing our traditional Roasted Leg of Lamb. Along with it I am serving
- Herb Roasted New Potatoes,
- Green Beans, which I just steam and toss with Coconut Oil, Salt and Pepper,
- Warm Whole Wheat Rolls with Butter,
- and a Tomato, Cucumber, Feta Cheese Salad.
- For Dessert, I will serve the leftovers of my husband's birthday cake. (His birthday is the day before so there is no need to make a second dessert.)
Speaking of my husband and his birthday cake... He is not one to use his birthday as an excuse to eat a small portion of refined foods. (Unlike me, who is already anticipating my annual slice of chocolate cheesecake coming this June!) No, my dear husband much prefers a "healthy" cake. And, he is very willing for me to try something new... very willing to risk a flop of a birthday cake in the pursuit of better health.
So, I have something entirely new cooking up in my mind! I am really excited about this cake. I have fallen asleep at night making the recipe better in my thoughts. I don't have a name for it yet, but I am starting with soaked grains. If it is a winner, I will post the recipe with pictures. Let's hope it is as good at I imagine it will be! If not, my sweet man will still love me for my efforts. I am so blessed!!!Enjoy your holiday,