Chocolate....a girl's best friend and worst enemy. What if there was some way you could make a special treat for your skin, using on of our most favorite ingredients- chocolate? It not only smells good but tastes good to!
This is one of my most coveted masks, it uses my three favorite ingredients:honey, plain yogurt, and cocoa powder.
Before we get started making this dessert for our face, let me simply tell you why each ingredient is good for your skin and what is does.
- It is an antioxidant powerhouse.
- Works with the skin to diffuse damage caused by both internal and external factors such as sun damage, and pollution. Antioxidants also help to protect skin from future damage.
- It also improves skin texture, increases skin thickness, density, and hydration (therefore super moisturizing!).
- Dark chocolate can create healthy, glowing skin.
- Chocolate actually helps prevent acne as it contains serotonin which produces a calming effect, it relieves the stress stimulating acne eruptions.
- Helps detoxify the pores of the skin and to firm and tone.
- Even assists in the wrinkle area.
- Softens and smooths the skin (and who doesn't want soft skin?).
- Increases blood flow.
- Has vitamin content as well as mineral content.
- Naturally leaves the skin moisturized
- Gives you that highly desired glow
- Makes skin supple, soft, and younger-looking (I know I am in for that!)
- Helps skin heal faster (help you get ready for that day when you need to look your best!)
- Helps in the wrinkle and fine line areas. (amen!!)
- Treats and prevent acne (also, helps lightens up acne scars and fades red marks)
- Helps renew skin cells
Now that we know what we are getting into, lets make this baby!
All you are going to need is one dessert spoon of each of the ingredients listed above.
Combined these three items in a bowl or container and mix well.
Now, I know your excited about putting it on but first, let it chill in the fridge for a few minutes before applying. Leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash off with warm water. (You can also exfoliate it off with sugar.) Pat dry and make sure to moisturize right afterwards to lock in the benefits.
You should see and feel a difference in your skin. Who knew you could use chocolate in other ways then eating it!