A nail file or nail clippers
Cuticle stick/orange stick
Warm, soapy water
A shallow bowl
Nail polish remover
1. Remove all old nail polish, Take a cotton ball and soak in nail polish remover. Apply to nails with polish and rub until no nail polish is left.
2. Wash hands.
3. Cut or shape nails. If you have extra long nails, you may want to cut or file them down. If you are just shaping your fingernails, take your nail file and file the corners of your nails. Avoid a "sawing" motion; this causes nails to become brittle and may break. Instead, take the file to a corner, and use an upward motion to the center of your nail. Repeat for the other side. Shape your nails into ovals, or, if you choose, file the top and leave the corners pointed for a square shape.
4. Soak fingertips. Fill your bowl with warm, soapy water. Any soap will do, but I would recommend an anti-bacterial hand soap or one with some moisturizers. Dip in your fingertips and let soak for a few minutes. This softens up the cuticles and loosens any dirt under your fingernails. Dry off hands when done.
5. Remove dirt from under nails. Make sure the whole area looks and feels clean.
6. Push back cuticles using the stick. Push back gently as far as possible. You may cut the cuticles if you wish, but sometimes this may cause infection.
7. Moisturize hands and cuticles. Use a good lotion to make your hands nice and soft. Take your time with this step; it is very relaxing. and It gives Beauty to your Hand....